Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Sponsoring Spouse

The following is an email recieved from Isa who is looking to sponsor a spouse. She had filed previous sponsorship applications and was asked to appear for an interview before a Citizenship and Immigration Officer. It should be noted that if a CIC officer suspects that false or misleading information was provided on the application or on any previous applications, they are free to proceed with an investigation to determine whether the person is indeed in a bona fide relationship. Any information gathered during the interview could impact the sponsorship application.

Bruce, an Immigration Consultant in good standing with CSIC, provides his opinion as well

Kevin RODRIGUES


Dear Bruce,
My background is of South East Asian community and I have come a long way to find you. Hope all will be at rest by the time you answer my questions. A few months ago I went to an interview at Immigration Canada. I was sponsoring my wife to join me here in Toronto. When I went, they asked me if I had previously been married. Of course I did not tell them about my previous relationships when I filed the forms because none of my previous affairs with those of the opposite sex were a real marriage. We never were ever wedded. We never had the chance to get a blessing from a priest, nor did we ever have any children. That means, at my age (Forty aomething), I have been in several relationships but have never been really married to any one of them.

Secondly, in my country, my mom will vehemently disagree to me marrying a woman from the tribe I want to marry if they get to know about the mere friendships I have had with those of the opposite sex before my real marriage. Of course civilization and the changing times permits anyone to make sure of the woman they want to marry in future. So there was no need for me to inform anyone about my previous elationships. After all none of them were registered. Now, my real marriage was of a proxy type and that is how I filled the forms.

When I submitted the application, little did I know that immigration would call one of my previous fiancées for questioning? Well that is what they did. So my application is on the verge of collapsing. Even as I need you to tell me about what steps I can take to fight this good fight, I will do everything possible to proof them wrong.

My question is, does Immigration expect each and every individual to be a virgin before they marry? Also do you think there was any need for me to tell immigration about my personal stories that have no relation to my real marriage? The woman they called will definitely say something negative to sabotage my real marriage because she expected me to marry her. However I did not marry her because it is to the best interest of both of us not to marry. But do you think it is fair for Immigration to ask her any questions pertinent to my sponsoring another woman? And again, do you think I will not win this war? If so, then how could I win?

Thank you.

Isa.

1 Comments:

At 10:33 AM , Blogger immiGroup said...

Dear Isa,
After reviewing the very basic facts as I read them .... Immigration “appears” to be spying upon your past love affairs ... If, as you say, you wish to do everything possible to prove Immigration wrong, hire a licensed Consultant or a Lawyer in good standing and let them examine your case.

Bruce

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home